What is Kodi?
Kodi is the best media player software by the users across the world and in this article, you will know how to install and setup a Kodi addon. If you are a complete beginner with Kodi then we suggest you try out the best working Kodi addons. In this article, we will help you how to install and setup a Kodi addon.
How to Install Kodi?
Whatever device you are using, Kodi can support it. Kodi has extended its support across different platforms like Windows, Ios, Linux, Android and so on. You can also install Kodi on other streaming devices like firestick, Roku and a lot more. In Roku and Firestick, you can’t install Kodi directly. the Installation procedure may vary depending on the device.
How to install Kodi on Windows Laptop?
- You can get Kodi from its official website.
- Select your windows platform.
- If you are using Windows 7 then choose installer(32 Bit) and if Windows 10 then select Windows Store.
- Open and Install the file after downloading the file.
- To complete the installation process, follow the on-screen process.
How to install Kodi on Android TV box and Smart Phones?
- You can download Kodi from Play Store on your Smartphone.
- Follow the steps given below, for installing Kodi on your Android Smart TV/Box.
- Select the Android, from Kodi download page.
- Select the ARM version based on your device (32/64) Bit.
- The file will be downloaded in the required format. Copy the file to the device and install them.
These are the methods to install Kodi on various devices and if you are having any other platforms, do let us know. Now we proceed to the setup guide for beginners.
Kodi Setup Guide :
From the following steps, we will be enabling the “Unknown source option”, this allows you to install third-party add-ons. There are a lot of official add-ons, but most of them are premium add-ons. So that we use third-party add-ons to watch TV and movies.
- Open Kodi on your device and select Settings.
- From the settings menu, Select system settings.
- In the left pane select the add-ons, and enable unknown sources.
- Select yes to save the settings, from the prompt warning message.
These are the steps to install Kodi and enable the installation from unknown sources.
How to install addons on Kodi?
There are two methods, in which you can install the add-ons.
- via Kodi Repositories.
- via ZIP File.
We recommend you to install the add-ons via the Kodi repositories. Here in this guide, we will take you through the installation procedure and can be used to watch TV shows, movies, and a few other contents. You can follow this same procedure for all add-ons.
Installation method via Repository:
- Select Settings from Kodi on your device.
- From the system settings window, Select the File Manager.
- Select the Add Source to add the external repository URL.
- Choose None and enter the repository URL “
- Name the source redux and select OK.
- Select Add-ons from the previous screen of Kodi.
- At the top left of the screen, Select Installer Icon.
- Choose install from zip file option.
- Select redux from the zip file.
- After some time, you will receive a notification stating that “Add-ons installed successfully”
- Select install from repository from the option.
- Click Exodus Redux Repo.
- Select the category Video Add-ons.
- Click on the Exodus Redux.
- Click install and OK to install additional add-ons with exodus redux and then wait for the success message.
- Get back to the Kode home screen and launch the exodus redux.
- Enjoy the Exodus Redux.
The above-mentioned steps are to install and setup Kodi addon using Repository. You can also follow these same steps to install any of the add-ons and also you must know the repository URL of the corresponding add-on.
We hope that this article is clear and helpful on the basic installation and setup on Kodi. If you have any suggestions and edits you are welcomed, we would be glad to fix your issues and make it easier.